Friday, May 22, 2009

OMG it's still there.

You know how you sometimes tuck something away in a closet and find it years later, delighted at this long-forgotten treasure? That's how I felt just now when I logged in to begin contributing to this blog. My profile triggered a visit to my old travel blog, Pole to Pole with Me. I'd almost forgotten about it, since the blog had lapsed since 2007, and, well, I just expected that it would go "poof!" into the ether of internet synapses like all of the events in my life, trivial or not, that I can no longer remember. But, Lordy! It's there! And it brought back such wonderful memories.

Now you may come to realize through this blog that I am an inconsistent diarist (is that a word? Journalist is not right... you know what I mean). Travel gives a wonderful excuse to record extraordinary experiences. Everyday life is just...everyday. But I pledge to take the minutae of my life and type it out for all to see.

This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment